5 Cool Things to Know About The Global Gathering! October 29-31, 2014
By Carole Excell (Posted: May 30, 2014)
The Global Gathering is The Access Initiative’s bi-annual event to promote action learning, capacity building and change at the national and international level to improve transparency, citizen engagement and accountability in environmental matters.
5 Cool things to know about this years Global Gathering
- It will be held in Bogota Colombia and supported by our amazing Colombian partners Asociacion Ambiente Sociedad http://www.ambienteysociedad.org.co/en/home/
- It will feature exciting sessions organized by leading partners on diverse topics such as protecting community land rights using technology, the Open Government Partnership and the environmental movement, the Environmental Democracy Index, Using the Global Forest Watch and Big data to save protected areas; the Latin America and Caribbean Principle 10 Regional Instrument Process; REDD + and accountability!!
- Leading groups working on how to use technology to promote transparency and accountability have been invited to join. The Gathering this year will be facilitated by Aspiration Technology https://aspirationtech.org/ which helps nonprofits and foundations use software tools more effectively and sustainably especially those trying to make more impactful use of information technology in their social change efforts.
- We plan to have more fun and sharing than ever before. While we will not be an “unconference” we plan to experiment with new ideas to build a stronger and more active network, welcoming new individual and organizational members to the TAI network.
- Our event is called the “Global Gathering” and so we gather to conjure amazing new ideas for how to bring partners together and use our collective strengths to launch and support campaigns across the network. We will reunite to support collective action at the regional and international level.
To obtain more information contact: