Enabling civic space for Environmental defenders in the Latin American & Caribbean: How to ensure the protection of the rights of expression and protest of youth and indigenous leaders in the environmental movement in the region.
Objective: to expand the dialogue in a compelling manner to include youth, gender, indigenous peoples and the academic community and others stakeholders interested in the process of Principle 10.
Partners: Red Nacional de Jóvenes por la Transparencia (“Youth for Transparency Network”),
When: July 12, 2016
Time: 6:00 p.m. a 8:00 p.m.
Location: Colegio Nacional de Abogados
1. Doctor Miguel Antonio Bernal, Civil Society, Constitutional Law and International Law Academic (Keynote speaker)
2. Olinda Castrellón, young Gnöbe woman, law student, environmental activist in Bocas del Toro (Panama)
3. Andrea Cerami, Human Rights Lawyer, CEMDA Mexico.
4. Euren Cuevas Executive Director, INSAPROMA, Dominican Republic)
5. Daniel Sessa, Red Nacional de Jóvenes por la Transparencia.
6. Susana Serracin, final comments, CIAM Panama